Monday, May 26, 2014

TOMATO CHUTNEY

Summer vacations are in full swing in India, kids are almost always hungry with long morning in the hot and humid sun, playing enjoying and getting hungry.
Although it’s a happy feeling for mom’s to watch their kids happy and enjoying themselves, it is a stressful period too, due to the extra demands on their time and energy from the kids .
So here I will share with you some recipes which have been cooked in my family , may it be my mom or my aunt or any other family member which I use and cook during the summer holidays or when kids are at home.
These are kid friendly and can be enjoyed by adults with equal gusto…
I will be sharing various recipes  over a period of time and these  recipes which I will share with you probably one a day if possible , might not have pictures to go along with them as it’s not that I have cooked or made them today , they are with me for a long time which have been cooked in the family over the years when their kids where growing.

This is my way of sharing my family recipes and also helping those moms who have young kids plan their snacks or extra meals after an hectic  day out.

TOMATO TOAST using Tomato chutney

FOR TOMATO CHUTNEY

INGREDIENTS:

3-4 mediums sized tomatoes
3 green chilies finely chopped
Finely chopped green coriander
2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste.
Oil

METHOD:

Heat oil in a pan; add finely chopped green chilies (you can add as many as you like)
Add the finely chopped tomatoes.
Cook on medium heat till they become soft and mushy, you can crush them with the back of your spoon
Add salt, sugar, and cook for some more time
When the mixture becomes dry add the finely chopped coriander.
Your tomato chutney is ready to be smeared on toast.

This is a very versatile dish you can use it as a spread on pizza and put in your favorite toppings too.

Take a toasted slice of bread spread this chutney, you can top these with cheese, eggs, or just boiled salted potatoes even potato fries taste great on this tomato chutney..

No comments: