Thursday, May 30, 2013

TRIED SOMETHING NEW....



Yesterday was quite a busy cooking day .We had my sons cousins over for dinner and a sleepover so breakfast too had to be made.

I love cooking for teenagers or youngsters as the menu is very different from what I would cook for other adult house guests.

I cook mainly goan and typical Indian meals at home.
Which is typically rice, dal or fish curry, one curry vegetable one dry veg and a salad sometimes we have fried fish too.Here the recipes are almost the same which I can cook with my eyes closed that is I do not have to get involved in the cooking it is almost mechanical.

Hence when I have to cook something different I get very excited and tend to go overboard while planning I plan too much which causes a lot of leftovers to be taken care of, lots of cooking and washing up and cleaning later which drains me off but but I still don’t feel put off as there this sheer pleasure of trying something new.
Yesterday I tried 2 new dishes and one new one for breakfast so three dishes..new.. YAY…
In my excitement  to cook and serve.. I did not click a single picture.. 

HERE IS THE MENU

GRILLED PANEER SANDWICH WITH COLESLAW
PASTA WITH CHICKEN SHEEKH KABAB
BROWNIES AND ICECREAM

BREAKFAST:

MASALA BAKED BEAN SANDWICHES
SEMOLINA HALWA OR SHEERA
TEA

I will click pictures when I cook these dishes again and add them here for you.

2 comments:

vivari said...

NICE MENU...

Anonymous said...

Can we have the recipe please please