Wednesday, October 26, 2011

LUNCH BOX a pleasure to cook...



Its been a long time since I have posted about the Lunch boxes that I pack for my son... I still do pack 2 lunch boxes at 7.00 am in the morning but it just do not get myself to take the camera and click it.. This one was taken some time back but its one of my favorite thing to make and my sons favorite thing to eat....


This is a stir-fry made with as many vegetables that I can find and also noodles and hence this dish can also be a noodle dish but as the quantity of noodles is very less compared to the vege's I call it a stir-fry.


I love to pack hot dishes in a steel container..

So easy to make and great to taste....
As I mentioned earlier I have to pack my son's lunch box by 7.00 in the morning and I pack two boxes for him , one which he eats during his small 15 min break and the other for the longer 45 mins break. And so I plan it in such a way that one is very quickly done with minimum effort and the other one which is a bit elaborate ( not that I want it to be.. but here in India we make everything from scratch even our daily bread i.e Rotis are made in the morning and packed in lunch boxes).
I try to chop the vege's at night which saves my precious morning time. This is a simple stir-fried vegetable with veges of your choice stir fried with lots of onion, garlic, soya sauce and a little bit of sugar to balance of the flavours.
You can mix these with anything you can think of in the morning pasta, noodles or rice (Rice needs to be cooked and cooled so I make it the night before...)
For those who like to have a Non-veg version can add meat or eggs to it...

No comments: