Friday, May 27, 2011

PRAWN-EGG SUKHA....

I tried this combination just at the spur of the moment , I had opened my freezer to get some spices out and my eyes fell upon the prawns which I had in my freezer for a pretty long time waiting for me to cook them..

.
I was planning on making the usual egg sukha which i make when I have less time and want to do something yummy and simple .
another advantage of making this dish is that the family feels that I have done something exotic when this is a real easy and quick dish...
so here is the recipe...

INGREDIENTS


5 Eggs boiled
3 medium sized onions sliced but thickly
2 tomatoes thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic finely sliced too
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp dhania-jeera powder
finely chopped coriander for garnish
I use a little about, 7-8 medium sized prawns but it entirely depends on you...


METHOD:

Take oil in a pan
Add the onions and garlic together..
Fry till they turn soft and translucent 
Add the tomatoes stir , add salt and cook covered till they cook and leave oil on the sides
Add the powdered masalas
Add prawns and stir
let them cook...
Add sliced boiled eggs to the mixture
garnish with finely chopped coriander.
Your dish is done serve with roti or bread
If you want to eat it with rice add a little water to the mixture or increase the no of tomatoes and onions...





3 comments:

viv{re} said...

this looks amazing. i dont think i can find dhania-jeera powder here... truth is i have no idea what it is. i may have to google this because i def. wanna try this.

Mahek said...

hi
Thanks for visiting and the appreciation...
dhania-jeera powder is a spice coriander and cumin powder where more of coriander and a little of cumin is roasted and powdered

Jay said...

they look fabulous...tasty yummm!
new to your space...love your blog..nice presentation..
Am your happy follower now..:)
do stop by mine sometime..
Tasty Appetite
Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams