Monday, January 31, 2011

PANEER METHI RICE***

There are various ways and reasons for a new recipe to be tried in one's home....now this wonderful pulao was invented or cooked for the first time in our home as a compromise...



A few days back, I purchased paneer which is a favorite with me and my son and not liked much by my hubby,,, Methi leaves which I and my hubby loves but hated by my dear son... and rice we all love (DID YOU NOTICE ? There is nothing which I don't like....Hehe... ( I am a real foodie....)


So in order to incorporate all the ingredients I made this 
PANEER METHI RICE....


INGREDIENTS:.
1 cup rice
100 or 150 gms paneer 
one small bunch methi or fenugreek leaves washed and finely chopped....
2 small onions finely chopped
one tsp ginger garlic finely chopped...
2 cloves, one bay leaf, 2 pods cardamom and 1 inch cinnamon...
1 tbsp garam-masala...
1 tsp green chilli paste
salt to taste..a little lemon juice
finely chopped coriander for garnish




METHOD:

Wash a cup of basmati or long grain rice...
In a pan take oil and temper with cloves,cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon.
When fragrant add the onions , stir till soft add ginger garlic paste and stir
add the finely chopped methi leaves
cook covered for sometime till it looses its raw taste.
Add rice and stir
Add the garam masala powder and lemon juice...
Add double amount of HOT  water to this mixture i.e 1 cup rice = 2 cups water
add salt to taste
Add the paneer cubes, some like to fry paneer before eating it.. but I prefer to eat it the way we get it at the market...
Cover and cook ... cook for 15mins in low flame
Your simple and fragrant rice is ready to eat with papad , salad or a bowl of dahi...or yoghurt
Eat
METHI PANEER RICE








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE RICE
WILL TRY IT TOO
VIVARI

Anonymous said...

hi mahek, your rice invention looks delicious.....

Natasha said...

This looks delicious. I have some paneer in the fridge that I was going to use to male palak paneer but I might try this instead! YUM!

Best wishes and thanks so much for visiting my blog. It's lovely to meet you.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Sammie said...

Yum!! I love rice with just about anything and this looks delicious!