Sunday, September 12, 2010

SWEET SHEERA OR PRASAD SHEERA....

Its ganesh chaturti time and you will find that this is one dish that is made at least once during the ganpati celebrations in homes and served as  prasad or offering to lord ganesha.

I make this in a large quantity and  distribute it among all devotees who come for arti (prayers) at our society annual ganesh chaturti celebration.

I get a lot of pleasure when I do this it makes me feel happy to be able to connect with others through my food and that's a blessing. 

When someone comes out of the way to tell you that it was very tasty and to wants to know how it was made,makes you feel out of this world .....

I also make this for my sons lunch box to eat just as it or stuffing it in wheat flour atta , and rolling it like a paratha .You can say it tastes like a sweet paratha.(remember not to put the dry-fruits when you are making a paratha as it will make it difficult for the paratha to be rolled and will tear in places where the nuts are coarse).

I got lots of requests ,after reading my earlier post to put in the recipes of the dishes shown in my photos.

so here is the recipe of SWEET SHEERA.

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups rava or semolina
13/4 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup water
cardamom powder
cashew nuts, raisins , almonds (all are optional ).
Ghee for roasting the semolina and also for pouring on top after the whole thing is done.
Saffron strands (optional)

METHOD.

1.Take a thick bottom pan and put ghee into it
2.Roast the rava or semolina till it changes colour and becomes light brown.
3.Take it out on a plate
4. In the same pan add water, milk,cardamom powder and your dry fruits
5. you can pour in the sugar at this stage or after the semolina is      added.
6. add the roasted semolina and stir till thick.
7. drizzle lots of ghee on top before serving.
  You can also pour saffron strands soaked in warm milk just the way I have.


                                                                 THANK YOU!!!!

1 comment:

kitchen queen said...

OMG the sheera is so tempting that I want to grab the entire plate and have the whole thing.