Thursday, September 16, 2010

LUNCH BOX NO 2

I made Idlis yesterday with sambhar for dinner and wanted to pack some for my sons lunch box...


Its not possible for him to carry sambhar to college and so I decided that I would cut them into small pieces and just give baghar or tempering of mustard seeds , a little asoefotida , curry leaves and finely chopped green chillies.
You can garnish this with finely chopped coriander leaves , freshly grated coconut and a little lemon juice which is optional.I also sprinkled some Idli chutney powder which is store bought in the oil at the end before adding the Idli pieces... Its hot and tangy and gives the simple Idli a dress up and makes it interesting to eat...
So, Lunch box no 1 contains tangy spicy Idli fry....
For Lunch box no 2, I gave him mango jam-butter sandwiches (spicy-sweet) combination.... 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

kitchen queen said...

lovely and nice tiffin.

Aparna said...

Good idea for idlis. I have to try it

kavita said...

Hi Mahek
Appreciate your efforts and lovely tips. Keep going.

Anonymous said...

really good idea. will try