Tuesday, February 16, 2010

QUESADILLA......

 

This is absolutely my version of quesadilla 
you can find out about the quesadilla HERE  
Frankly telling you i have never eaten a quesadilla before, i have always seen it in pictures or read about it on blogs and cook books but never really had the opportunity to eat  the real stuff . but offcourse i would love to get a chance to eat it (waiting for it.......).
The other day i had gone to one of my favorite markets i.e at Vile Parle , i just love being there i love to see the vegetable laden roads and loads and loads of fresh fruits and vegetables around.A trip to this market inspires me to cook something different ,something which i have not cooked before .
I must carry my camera to this market one day and click pictures of this wonderful place. So, back to what i was saying ..... that this market inspires me to cook something different..so while i was going about admiring the fresh vegetables i saw that one vendor had all these exotic vegetables like brocolli, red cabbage, red and yellow peppers, baby corn etc...(they are exotic in India because the prices for such vegetables which have recently  entered the local markets are quite high and not something one would eat on a regular basis , Its something that one buys once in a while and makes something which is appreciated and relished by all . 
Normally when i buy brocolli i just stir fry it in butter with salt and pepper to taste garnished with cheese for my son. So when i saw that this vendor had some lovely fresh and green brocolli florets i could not stop myself from buying them although they were very expensive and much above the price that i normally pay for a brocolli. Now stir frying this brocolli would give me only a little and not enough for all to enjoy and eat as brocolli shrinks on cooking . 
so i started thinking of ways to increase the total mass of my vegetable and also retain the taste .
On reaching home i remembered that i had some leftover rotis in  the fridge which gave me an idea of making rolls of the stirfried vegetables with roti..but then as i said that the visit to the market inspires me to make something different and so i thought why not make my version of quesadilla .I shredded one carrot, one green capsicum and the brocolli, stirfried it in butter with salt and pepper. 

I took a roti placed it on a hot griddle smeared it with some oil and fried it for some time then i spread the stir-fried mixture on top grated some cheese on top and place another roti to cover it, fried it again on the opposite side till nice and crisp .
My quesadilla tasted really yummy and was good for the first try.

4 comments:

Asha said...

Looks so yum. Perfect looking Quesadillas Mahek. Good job, enjoy.

I also bought "The Maharajas of India", love the pics inside.

vivari said...

WOW GOOD ONES. YOURS LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE A QUESADILLAS. i LOVE CHICKEN IN THAT
WILL TRY THIS AT HOME
VIVARI

vivari said...

wow
look good
put more similar recipes

Mary, CookEatShare Author Support said...

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information or contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile.