Friday, January 16, 2009

OATMEAL DOSA......

HI
Friends,
Recipe after a very very long time , as all of you know that i have taken up teaching and now this takes most of my day which also includes cooking and packing tiffin boxes with an additional box
which is offcourse for me.
By the time i am home in the evening i feel very exhausted to cook something elaborate, the way i used to earlier so i have to give my brain some extra exercise and think of dishes which are nutritious , filling and which takes less time and energy to prepare.
so here is one such dish which i am sure all moms will love to prepare.
If there are any moms out there who like this dosa please dont forget to comment here and tell you your opinion on this dosa...

INGREDIENTS
1 cup ground ready to eat oatmeal.1/2 Cup rice flour or plain flour as per availability (i prefer rice for being more nutritious)
1 cup yoghurt which is a little sour (the rest of the ingredients balance the taste)
1/2 cup semolina or rava
1 tsp ground green chillies and jeera or cumin seeds (grind them together )
1/2 tsp sugar
lots of chopped fresh coriander
salt to taste
{you can add finely grated carrots,palak , or beetroot to it this batter}


METHOD

Soak oatmeal , rice flour, semolina and yoghurt together.
keep it soaked for atleast an hour,
add the rest of the ingredients to the above mixture and make a semi thick batter.
heat a hot tava or griddle
pour the above batter , these dosas should be made thick or they break while they are turned to cook on the other side.
pour a spoon of ghee on the sides for extra yummy taste.
serve hot with chutney or pickle
ENJOY EATING THIS DOSA PIPING HOT!!!!!!!


YUMMY YUMMY DOSA READY TO BE SERVED

12 comments:

Mimi from French Kitchen said...

I've been pretty missing in action myself, Mahek! You sound incredibly busy!

Cynthia said...

Ouuu, your dosa looks so fluffy!

zobars said...

Hi Mahek,
I know you are busy with work and life in general but would you tell me why you call it oatmeal dosa. Is it because of the rava in it or am I not understanding your recipe correctly. because oatmeal is something that is different here in the US. Hope my question does not offend you. I am going to try this one out at any rate since it looks so very appetizing and my kids will love it too.

Mahek said...

hi
friends
Thanks for going through my recipe and leaving your comments on it.
hi
MIMI AN CYNTHIA,
always makes me feel very good to see your names on my comment folder thanks for visiting and your appreciation.
ZOBAR
special thanks to you for pointing out the big error that i had commited (i have rectified it now)
In my rush to make the post i forgot the most important ingredient.

vivari said...

hi
i will try it
thanks
vivari

Alisa@Foodista said...

I will definitely try this one! I was here a couple of days ago and I was wondering if I needed to add oatmeal in this recipe...it does need oatmeal! :) Thanks for the updated recipe!

Sia said...

thanks for ur comment mahek. and regarding ur query, i use adobe photoshop to title the pics.

Mahek said...

Thanks a ton Sia!!!!!

Ann said...

Yumm! dosa looks super soft.

Madhuri said...

I came to your website for the first time and i am glad i did. I love your 'Oatmeal dosa recipe'. I am always in search for ways to incorporate oatmeal in my diet and your recipe sounds very interesting. I cant wait till i try it over the weekend. Thanks for giving such a healthy and creative recipe.

Springbird said...

First time here...and loved ur dosa...they r fluffy and healthy.Was in hunt of a nice recipe for oatmeal dosa and i guess my hunt has ended thanks for the recipe.Check my blog http://www.soumyarun.blogspot.com/
http://www.karakushale.blogspot.com/

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That is an interesting dosa recipe! Very healthy and surely delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa