Sunday, November 16, 2008

NEW STEP......

Hi
Friends
This post is to inform you about the new development in my life, I have taken up teaching in a school. I have at all times been involved with my son’s studies and hence always been in touch with the latest in the field of education, especially the school education. Now that my son is capable of taking care of his studies and does not require my help I considered the option of joining a school as a teacher and getting to know how the kids are taught in school


READY TO TEACH

LESSON I WILL BE TEACHING THIS WEEK
Such an opportunity came to me where by I had to give a written test and a demo lecture before I was given my appointment letter. This is a very novel experience for me. Teaching your child sitting next to you and standing up in front of 50 students and teaching them is quite a unique experience. And it really proved to be that, I was a bit apprehensive when I gave my first demo lecture ever, but I did just fine and got the following remark from the principal who was present for the lecture, she said “you were excellent”. This remark gave me the required confidence to take upon this job of teaching.

Teaching is something that has been in my family as well as my husbands. My sister was a teacher before she got married. My father-in-law had been a professor in college while my sister in law is teaching at a school.
I feel that teaching is a very noble profession and those who teach can share a small but important part of a child’s life. We can teach them certain values which will be beneficial for their future growth we can also learn many things from them and also notice how time and generations brings about changes in the mind set of individuals .



9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Congrats! That's so great!

Cheers and all the best,

Rosa

Aparna said...

Congratulations, Mahek.
I come from a family of teachers too. My grandfather was one, so were my parents.
I married one too.:D

Shikha said...

congratulations:) good luck for your new responsible role.

Monica said...

congratulations Mahek--you will be a wonderful teacher and the students will be fortunate to have such a creative and bright individual teaching them! All the best to you...

Monica

Cynthia said...

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy it.

deepu said...

Congratulations Mahek. Good luck to you !!

Anne said...

good luck! the shot of the book on digesting made me chuckle, too. how appropriate!

Kitchen Flavours said...

Congratulations Dear. This is regarding the comment you left on my blog. I use normal cherries only. I used fozen cherries not the normal and regular ones we get in bakeries.

farida said...

Congrats and good luck teaching! It's such a rewarding profession.