Friday, August 15, 2008

FARMERS MARKET....

After reading blogs and reading about the various farmers markets that bloggers visit i always wanted to visit one , I always liked the way they arrange their goods and the way they are pretty organized.
I got such an opportunity when i was in Newyork , it was my husbands cousin who was taking us around Newyork , when i noticed this small farmers market along the pavement , i got very excited and requested him to stop our car at a convenient spot and rushed to see the market.

It was a lovely experience speaking to the people who bought came in with their produce .we purchased some fresh homemade choco chip cookies and they were excellent.

FRUITS
HOMEMADE JAMS AND PRESERVES
HERBS AND GREENS
FLOWERS






FRESH BREAD



It was such a pleasure for me to visit small but well organized market on the Newyork street.
check out this local farmers market at Panchagani.
such farmers markets are seen in villages where they have one day of the week for all people staying around that village to come together and sell their produce
you can check out this market in Mapusa Goa
I love to go to such markets in villages, and see to it that whenever i visit a new place the local market is the first place i visit even before i visit the site of attraction for tourists.
But the farmers being very poor their produce are in heaps and are not in an organized manner.
but everything said and done I LOVE FARMERS MARKETS AND WILL ALWAYS VISIT THEM ,OFFCOURSE, THOSE IN INDIA .
I feel they have their own identity , when you see the colours , the flavours , the innocent faces of the villagers and their sincerity it touches your heart.
I have sent this to this blog here where there is an event on FARMERS MARKET

4 comments:

Nupur said...

I love the Farmer's markets (bhaji mandai/subzi mandi) in India so much more than anything I have seem anywhere. The hard-working farmers may be poor but they produce wonderful, tasty vegetables and fruits. Buying from those heaps from produce is such a pleasure. And I have seen so many in India that are beautifully organized.

Mahek said...

HI
Nupur
Thanks for visiting my blog
I agree with you that farmer markets in India are great!!!
I also know that you cannot compare them with any supermarket anywhere , but for me it was an experience to see well organized markets too ...
But finally i will go back to my own farmers market in India right??
BECAUSE I LOVE THEM....

Kerry said...

Good for you for getting out there to the farmer's market!

I'm hosting a "Farmer's Market Report" Mr. Linky. Maybe you'd like to submit this post? Come on by and check it out: http://toeverymeal.blogspot.com/2008/08/farmers-market-report-aug-16th.html

Kerry said...

Thanks for your submission to the Farmer's Market Report! I'll have the next Report up at 10am on this Sat. - Aug 23rd. Hope to see you again!