Saturday, August 16, 2008

DRY POTATO DISH.....

This is a dry potato dish which can be eaten as a starter and also with chapati's or Roti's.
I made this for my son's tiffin and he really enjoyed it , I gave it to him just by its own and not with Roti or bread but he enjoyed it never the less.
Here i will give you the method and the ingredients together as its a extremely simple vegetable to make and so you dont have to be exact with the proportions used and can change the quantity to suit your taste and requirement.

METHOD:

Boil some baby potatoes (do not remove the skin)

Take oil in a pan when hot add 1 tsp mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp jeera add a little hing, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder,red chilli powder and haldi powder .Stir till the masalas stick to the aloo or potatoes .I usually add the onions at this moment as i do not want them to be too soft i want them to remain a bit crispy which gives this vegetable an unique flavour.finally add salt.

when the whole thing is ready add lots of coriander finely chopped and 1 tsp lemon juice.

serve hot.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love potatoes and that dish looks mighty scrumptious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Kitchen Flavours said...

Baby potatoes are awesome dear. Gr8 pic also.

farida said...

Hi Mahek, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love your blog a lot and I share your passion to learn about other cultures' foods! Your blog is serving a good purpose! Cheers from my kitchen:)