Monday, January 21, 2008

TRADITIONAL MEAL....

I love traditional meals , meals that are traditional to a particular place or even family or sometimes if i have some memories attached to certain dishes that i try to recreate them .
The meal that you see in the pictures is a typical Konkan style meal which can be found in Maharashtra (state in India where i stay) , but such a meal is very typical and traditional in villages where food is healthy and robust and where too elaborate preparations are avoided.

Here i have made pithale bhakri and chicken sukha
pithale is made out of chickpea flour or besan and the bhakri is made of jowar atta.

JOWAR BHAKRI

BESAN PITHALE

CHICKEN SUKHA

chicken sukha is made with lots of onions and dry coconut for the gravy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi
can u please put in the recipe for chicken sukha?looks yummy

varsha

Anonymous said...

slurp!!!!!!!!!CHICKEN RECIPE pleaseee


Anamika

Sheetal said...

Hey Mahek,

I love your blog....its a nice mixture of traditional n modern recipes........I was wondering if you could please share the recipes of "Chicken Sukha" and the Fried Surmai you mentioned in your blog......I would be really happy if you can post them :)
Thank you for all other recipes.

Sheetal

Mahek said...

HI
sheetal
thanks for visiting my blog i will try to post the recipe soon i am a little busy so might take some time
bye
mahek

Asha said...

I love traditional food too, beautiful array of food Mahek!:)

Anonymous said...

Please put up the recipe for Chicken Sukka.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Nice article you got here. It would be great to read more about that topic. Thanx for posting this data.