Sunday, January 20, 2008

MOONGDAL DOSA.........

This is a very light and nutritious dosa which can be had for any meal.

This recipe was given to me by my sister who prepares this dosa, quite often for her little son.
The soaking time is only about 4 hours so it is quite a instant dosa.

METHOD.
soak seperatly, 1 cup udal dal and 2 cups moong dal for 4 hours
grind the dals seperatly and then mix together add salt to taste
you can add finely chopped coriander, green chillies,cumin seeds and ground ginger to the batter if you plan to eat it plain without any chutney.
I made a green chutney with coconut to go along with the dosa so i did not add the above ingredients to the dosa.



heat a non-stick tava or griddle and pour the batter in a circular motion dont make them too crisp they taste better when they are a bit soft as shown in the picture.
Eat them hot and thats compulsory haha...
I usually make my family wait at the kitchen platform with their plate and each dosa is served directly on the plate and eaten hot with a little smear of home-made ghee.

4 comments:

Nupur said...

Wow, Mahek, this is the fluffiest dosa I have ever seen!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those dosas look great! A wonderful recipe!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Mahek, I always read your Recipe blog..those are classic with great ideas..keep it up!!

:Ruby

Asha said...

Send this to Dosa mela to Sri(check my side bar) Mahek, beautiful color!:))