Thursday, October 11, 2007

GARLIC CHUTNEY......

GARLIC CHUTNEY



garlic chutney is very easy to prepare

let me give you this recipe with the the ingredients and method
take a cup of grated fresh coconut, add 2 big or 3 small cloves garlic , marble size ball of tamarind, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 5 peppercorns, 1/4 tsp sugar, salt to taste.
Grind all the ingredients together , you get this lovely orange colour.
goes well with dosas and even by spreading on slices of bread to make a sandwich.

6 comments:

Asha said...

Adding peppercorns is new to me , will try!:))

priyadarshan said...

At the time of making dosas , how about spreading it inside dosa , like Mysore Dosa ?

Jean T New Zezland said...

That looks interesting and I can see it being used in lots of ways even adding to salad dressings.

Nicole said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Mahek! Love bright color of your site and the recipes look great! I've subscribed so that I won't miss out on any!

The garlic chutney is new to me, like most of these recipes. I can't wait to learn more new things from you :-)

Mahek said...

thanks for visiting my blog
asha, priyadarshan,Jean and nicole
yes priyadarshan i think we can do that too...

Shirley Khor said...

Too bad I don't have a blender. Otherwise, I would have tried making this. It sure looks delicious :P"