Sunday, September 16, 2007

CHAWLI UTTHAPPA.......

Chawli Utthappa (I think the name Utthappa is influenced by the great game our indian cricketer Utthappa is playing .I used to called a Utthappa , Uttappa earlier)



This is a new type of Utthappa recipe given to me by my friend Minal , it was my first try at making it and it came out really good . This is a very nutritious Utthappa which does not have too much soaking time and is quite nutritious.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup chawli or black eyed beans soaked for 3-4 hours or overnight
½ cup fine rava or semolina
1 finely chopped green chili
1 small onion finely chopped
Coriander finely chopped
I always add 1 tsp jeera powder or whole jeera to the batter but its optional.

METHOD

Grind the soaked chawli beans to a fine paste
Add rava and keep it aside for half hour
Add the onions, chilies, jeera and coriander leaves
Mix with salt and water to form a thick batter enough to pour on a griddle or tava
Heat tava, when hot pour a ladle full of batter on the tava.
Cook till brown on both the sides
Serve with a dollop of butter or dahi or chutney.

THIS IS MY ENTRY FOR " RCI:KARNATAKA"

2 comments:

Asha said...

Great looking and healthy Uttappa Mahek.You could send to RCI K ,we make Uttappa too in Karanataka!:))

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

This dish is something new and very innovative.

BTW have you ordered Ukadiche Modak from any of the places suggested by me ? You are also invited to my blog for Ganesh darshan.