Tuesday, June 12, 2007

MANGOES , MANGOES EVERYWHERE.......

Mangoes,Mangoes everywhere……

That’s what you see when you visit markets during this season, all the other fruits take second seat to this ‘ KING OF FRUITS ‘, which is a favorite with old and young alike .
You see the markets full of this wonderful fruit. It gives pleasure not only to those who love to relish it, but also to the vendors who make the maximum profit during its reign

THESE ARE THE BEST QUALITY RATNAGIRI ALPHONSO MANGOES

Ratnagiri is a district in maharashtra which is famous for these mangoes, the vendor is wearing the traditional attire seen in that district. you can see the details here
DO YOU SEE HOW HAPPY THE VENDORS ARE DOING THEIR JOB AND BEING CLICKED


I visited Crawford market one of the oldest market in Mumbai. It was a pleasure to walk through the narrow but neat lanes and see the various fruits lining the counter. Off course the Mango took precedence over all the other fruits.I had great fun clicking the photographs of the fruit and its vendor {you can see the happy expression on their faces} as they posed for me with great enthusiasm.




I hope all you readers enjoy what I have to share with you. Please don’t think twice before saying so in your comments.

5 comments:

anusharaji said...

those are way too cool i say
njoyed them all
y dont u get us each a basket :(
:))
www.talimpu.com

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Great pictures! I like the way you got the vendors to pose...
We sometimes get Indian mangoes in our supermarket, but I never had the opportunity to taste any.

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

Nice pictures.
somehow I feel nowadays Devgad Hapus have lost it's charm. Thanx to greedy farmers and Carbide.

I think Kersar, Desheri are now far better. Payari the best for aamras. I know one family , Mrs.Girkar, from Worli BDD chawl near City Bakery who brings mangos in limitted quantity from their farm at Vijaydurg and sell. naturally ripe, no chemicals added. And another in Girgaum who brings mangoes from Palshet. If you want I can provide their phone nos. But it's late this year. I bought mangoes from a stall from DEvgad at Mango Mahotsav at Prabhadevi and was totlly disappointed.

Have you tried aamras of Rajapiri mangoes, which are available in plenty this time. Last three days I am eating that only.

Jean said...

I like Mangos very much and we do not grow them here we can only get imported ones and sometimes they are not very nice.
Jean N Z

Shantanu said...

Great pics! Liked this post. One of the things I love most in India is the sight and sounds of the sabzi mandi (and the fruit markets too). I hope all the new retail chains don't completely wipe these places out.