Wednesday, May 23, 2007

VENDORS ON F.C.ROAD PUNE...

Very little time and lots to do, those were my sentiments when I visited Pune this weekend. We had a packed schedule, but whatever the schedule it does not stop me from sneaking in a little special time for taking in the local life of the city that I visit.
For me walking around the place gives me the feel of the place, the pulse of the city. I cannot express the pleasure I get when I go to the locals and ask their permission to take a picture. Local food vendors are the heart and soul of a food loving country like India.
So here I share with you the pictures of the wonderful vendors who I saw at F C Road Pune.


JAMUN SELLER NEAR CHITALE'S


JUICY BLACK JAMUNS
FLOWER SELLER SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO THE JAMUN LADY


FRESH MORNING FLOWERS

CART SELLING FRUIT JUICE


PANI PURI WALA

Pune has a lot of educational institutions and so you will find college kids all around F C Road which stands for Fergusson college Road.

2 comments:

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

lovely picture, FC road is our favourite too, specially because of Vaishali. Before buying home in Pune, we were used to stay in a hotel at Apte Road, just behind FC road. Have you visited my other blog dsk_vishwa where I have posted lots of photographs of the society.

In the other post on Deccan Gym, I believe those vendors are near Chitale's shop. Am I right ?

Anonymous said...

Interesting to be able to visit with out leaving the house. Thank you Mahek, Jean, New Zealand