Saturday, May 26, 2007

RAJMA TACOS.....

In order to make something with the letter “R” I made RAJMA TACOS which is a complete fusion recipe.



A few days back I was at the dollar shop near my house and saw this box of Tacos which I had never ever tasted or cooked. I and my son are always fascinated with food that has cheese in it and when I saw the picture and the recipe on the box I knew that I should try this dish out although I would have to make the beans in an Indian style. The ingredients mentioned on the box are not easily available in India so I made the indianized version of the beans, keeping the rest of the ingredients intact. I am glad that I tried this out which came out to be really really YUMLICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

So after tasting the final product I knew that food and cultures can mix and form an entirely new and delicious cuisine which one can actually enjoy and relish.
So here is my Indian RAJMA TACOS recipe.


INGREDIENTS

250gms Rajma beans soaked overnight
2 medium onions finely chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
1 tsp each ginger and garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp haldi powder
½ tsp sugar
salsa made of chopped tomatoes, onions and coriander.
Salt to taste and coriander to garnish
Cheese for spreading on top.


METHOD

Take a pressure cooker pan and heat oil
Add the finely chopped onions and stir till they become soft
Add the ginger garlic paste
Add the tomatoes and stir till the tomatoes are cooked and leave oil
Add soaked and washed rajma and all the masala’s.
Cook in the pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
Garnish with coriander after adjusting the seasonings.
Let it become a little dry

Take the taco shells and keep in the microwave for 1 minuteArrange the beans a mixture of tomatoes and onionsThen top with cheese.

RAJGIRA CHIKKI
As i was thinking of the different things that i could make under the letter R these were some of the dishes that i thought of RAS MALAI , RAGHAVDAS LADUU, RAVYACHE LADOO, RAWAS FRY , RAWAS AMTI, RAJASAHEB BATATA, RATALYACHYA NEVRYA .

This is my entry for NUPURS A to Z of indian vegetables

9 comments:

kaoko said...

That's pretty interesting. I've never tried tacos with beans; I usually have it either with ground beef or steak. Yours looks interesting and yummy.

Nupur said...

Mahek, you are so creative! Tacos are quite a treat, and with the Indian rajma, even better! The pictures look so appetizing.

Shantanu said...

Sounds great! My wife loves Mexican and there are none in Pune. Need to pick up taco shells during my next trip to the US; never thought of that before.

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Hay this is a very different idea... It is looking so good..

Anonymous said...

We sometimes have tacos and will use a cimbination of ground beef (mince)and beans. They are so easy to prepare. Jean N.Z

Priyanka said...

hey the rajgira chikki brought back old memories. its been a long time since i had some. yummy!!! the tacos look delicious too.

Anonymous said...

hi
the rajma tacos look good.i have made tacos but these are different beans

varsha

Daily new!!! said...

I love your delicious "RAJMA TACOS....." recipe, could we publish it on our
Daily Recipe Blog?

We have every day a new recipe for: General recipes, Breakfast, Low Carb, Low Fat, Desert...
It would be so great to add yours!

http://daily-cook-book.blogspot.com

Mahek said...

hi friends
kaoko,nupur,shantanu ,sukanya,priyanka and anonymous thanks for your appreciation.

daily new:
i would love to see my recipe on your blog so pls go ahead.