Friday, May 11, 2007

PANEER JHALFREZI......

WOW THE LETTER “P” IS SO VERSATILE.
I realized this only after I started thinking of recipes starting with P and I saw that there were so many.
Last week I had to think a lot, of recipes from the letter “O”. This time I was just over flooded with recipes with letter “P”. I was cooking so many P’s in a week without even realizing that I was doing so, and every time I did something I said WOW, HERE’S ONE MORE ‘P’ FOR ME.
The best of the spontaneously made recipes for the week was
“PRAWNS PULAO WITH PEAS AND PAPAD”, I had not planned cooking it but after cooking and serving it I realized that it would be called so and so, and lo and behold it has so many foodie’s P in it.

PANEER JHALFREZI

INGREDIENTS

250 gms paneer.
2 large onions roughly sliced
2 large tomatoes roughly sliced
2 medium capsicums sliced.
1tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp haldi powder
1 tsp dhania jeera powder
1 tsp Garam masala powder
Finely chopped dhania or coriander for garnishing
Salt and a pinch of sugar.


METHOD

Take oil in a thick bottom pan and heat.
Add onion and stir till soft then add the ginger garlic paste
Stir and add the tomatoes.
After sometime (you need not wait for them to turn soggy or leave oil) you can add the capsicum and stir and cook till they change colour and turn a bit soft.
Add all the masalas and stir
Add the paneer pieces at the end. I never fry the paneer but some people do.
Garnish with coriander and serve with hot phulkas.

This is my contribution to nupur’s “ A to Z of vegetables”



ALL THE OTHER RECIPES THAT I TRIED THE WHOLE WEEK WITHOUT REALISING THAT THEY WERE "p"


POTATO - TOMATO RASSA

PRAWN PULAO WITH PEAS AND PAPAD

PIZZA

THIS IS PIZZA BEFORE GOING INTO THE OVEN


2 comments:

Nupur said...

What a beautiful gallery of "P" foods, Mahek! Thanks so much for your entry...the paneer jalfrezi looks total restaurant-style, very tempting!

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

HI
First time to ur blog.....All ur recipes are good....Paneer jhalfrezi...It sound new to me....But realy want to give it a try...Lovely pizza....