Wednesday, May 23, 2007

MARKET AT DECCAN PUNE.....

Back in Pune , this time i was in Pune for the weekend for a wedding in the family. I love to go to Pune and experience a feeling of warmth which i cannot explain.
Our schedule was packed as we had a wedding and two important functions to attend . I never miss an opportunity to visit the market place of the place i travel to. This time due to the shortage of time i just could give a passing visit to this little market which is in the center of the city.
The last time i was in Pune that was in October last year (you will find the details here) i could not visit this market as the place where we were staying was quite far away from this market .
So, i had planned not to give this market a miss what may come. I made time between the marraige reception and the wedding to go and visit this place click some photos and share them with you.


SWEET SUCCULENT CORN


THIS OLD LADY TOOK A POSE WHEN SHE SAW ME CLICKING.



FRESH MANGO JUICE BEING MADE IN THE MARKET , THIS COOL JUICE IS A REAL TREAT DURING HOT SUMMER AFTERNOONS.

MANGO SELLER SELLING ALL TYPES OF FRUIT




I love to visit markets selling food items and i love to see the smiles on their face.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A nice market with marvelous fresh fruits and beautiful vegetables! A great place...

Cheers,

Rosa

anusharaji said...

wow
beautiful shots
esp the mango juice..yummy
n gingers caught my eye
luv them

Shantanu said...

I still love buying our weekly veggies myself. I hope the new, larger retailers who are beginning to show up in Indian cities don't completely displace them. I love the sights, the smells, and the colors in the Indian veggie markets, in Pune and in every other city I have lived in.

Vanita Kriplani Anup said...

Wow ! I am from Pune too and now in the US since last 1.5 yrs and i miss pune so somuch , these pics bring back old memories.. roaming on Fc road , eating all raste ka food , wow those were the days !