Friday, March 30, 2007

JACKFRUIT SEEDS...

THIS IS A LITTLE BONUS FOR NUPURS " A to Z of indian vegetables "

i had bought some jackfruit seeds with the flesh , [ jackfruit is in season now] after eating the yellow flesh you have to wash and dry the seeds . After a day or two of drying the white cover of the seeds peels off . you have to smash them once and let them cook in a cooker.
in our house we make a dal with these seeds , i am not giving the recipe of the dal as the dal can be made in any way depending upon the liking of your family , it should be a light and medium spicy dal and preferably with coconut ground and added.



JUST CHECK OUT !!!!! THE TEXTURE OF THESE SEEDS THEY HAVE A WONDERFUL COLOUR AND A GREAT SKIN , THEY LOOK LIKE A FINELY POLISHED LOG OF WOOD.


This was the dal i made that day but you can make any type of dal i am sure it will taste good in a sambhar too, i havent tried it as yet but those who have please let me know.


DAL WITH JACKFRUIT SEEDS

4 comments:

Asha said...

I love these seeds.I used to cook with these in B'lore,now I can dream about them!:D
I was going to make Jowar rotis for this event too but ran out flour!;p

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

we boil Jackfruit seeds and eat just like that. I must ask my wife to put it in Dal.

Need favour. I have changed the title of my blog in Decnagri Script, can you open my blog and Pl let me know in case if there is any difficulty

shilpa said...

Ohh how I miss those seeds. My mom used to add them to lot of different dishes. I can just drool over your pictures here.

Anonymous said...

I just happened reach at this blog, otherwise I didn't know about it, I am from Karachi, we add some salt in the water and boil these seeds for an hour or so and eat them with chapati.... I am really dying to know more recipies about these seeds...

Muneer Baloch,Karachi, Pakistan