Friday, February 02, 2007

MANUAL SUGARCANE JUICER....

MANUALLY OPERATED SUGAR-CANE JUICE MACHINE


SISTERS HELPING EACH OTHER EXTRACT JUICE FROM A SUGARCANE

One interesting thing I saw and want to share with you is the sugarcane machine that I saw at Talegaon. Just as I was leaving the restaurant where we had our food , I saw an old man probably with his two daughters extracting juice using a manual sugarcane machine. Talegaon produces sugarcane in a large quantity and you see truck loads of sugarcane being transported all over India from Talegaon . You can also see electric sugarcane juice extractors all over the place { I have seen such electric machines in mumbai as well} but a manual one and that too a wooden one was really interesting.


I sought the old mans permission to click photos which he readily and happily agreed to. Have a look!!!.



THE MANUAL SUGARCANE MACHINE.





2 comments:

sher said...

That is fascinating. It looks like it might be a lot of work to do that. I admire them.

Anupama said...

Mahek, These manual juicers are a common sight in Pune. Particularly in the summer these people go around selling the juice in residential areas . I remember my son and I used to wait to hear the shout of the juice seller everyday at about 4 o'clock. Ofcourse I made them wash the machine with water before they started extracting juice. These machines do attract a lot of flies. You can't blame the flies. If I were a fy I know i would be sitting on one of these machines all day. So its better to take precautions.