Thursday, January 25, 2007

VILLAGES IN INDIA....

Villages in India are just the way villages are or should be simple,realistic,and peaceful.
I have been born and bought up in a city and so can call myself a hardcore city dweller . But I love visiting villages once in a while and experiencing the peace and quite that one finds there. I love to watch the local people and the market places.
I am sharing with you some photos I clicked when I visited a village called SASAWNE
Which is a beach side village , its simple and you can see that the people are not influenced by the modern day changes, that so easily affects the city dwellers.
I clicked the photos in February last year.





("The Soul of India lives in its villages", declared M. K. Gandhi [1] in the beginning of 20th century. According to the Indian Census of 2001, 74% of Indians live in villages. In north India, village is referred by gram or gaon and pind, and in south India by gramam. Villages in India varies hugely if its population is considered. 236,004 Indian villages have a population less than 500. At the same time, 3,976 villages have a population of 10,000+. Each village may have its own temple or mosque or church depending on the faith of the people. In many villages more than one religious worship place co-exist and people of the village celebrate all the festivals of all the religions there.)-------sourced from wikipedia

1 comment:

Asha said...

Loved the photos.Villages are so calm and slow life.My grandfather has a coconut farm in a village too.Nostalgia.