Monday, September 18, 2006

START OF A BRIGHT NEW DAY....

I always start my day by making a wholesome tiffin for my son.. as his tiffin is his breakfast which he eats at 10.00 at school .
i feel, and as nutritionist say "have breakfast like a king , lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper" . i see to it that our breakfast is wholesome and nutritious . To break the monotony of the 'bread-butter-jam' breakfast i see to it that i make something different on all seven days of the week,sometimes it so happens that i do not repeat the same thing for about 10-12 days.
but thats all fun and it gives you the enthusiasm to look forward to do something every morning.


I start MY day with a hot cup of coffee and a must have everyday for me are the above biscuits
are butter biscuits which we get from a local bakery they are light and delicious i wont say nutritious but it has become a habit to have these butter biscuits or the toast biscuits and so i have them everyday . I have my breakfast at around 9.00 with my husband.


MOONG DAL DOSA


BABY MINI PIZZA


NUTRI -SANDWICHES


IDLI SAMBHAR


MEDU-VADA SAMBHAR CHUTNEY

These are only few things that i make ...some of the regulars are poha, upma, shevyacha sanja, chutney sandwich etc.

5 comments:

christine said...

Hello Mahek,
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving that very nice comment on my "about me" post.
I've read some of your blog posts and like them alot. Especially this one and the one of the Pune festival.
I look forward to corresponding with you when I return from my trip to New England.
Happy blogging!

Mimi said...

I love chutney, Mahek!

That looks wonderful — It all does!

Pepper said...

Would love to know how you make your poha. It was one of my favourite things to eat when I visited India. It's very expensive to buy the rice flakes here - maybe three and a half dollars for a small bag of about half a pound - but I would like to try making it sometime.

lovelylady4223720@yahoo.com said...

hi mahek ,
i like ur blog i want to know recipe for nutri sandwich. pls tell me

Mahek said...

hi
lovely lady
you can click on this link below to see how i made the sandwiches
tell me how you like them

http://love4cooking.blogspot.com/2006/03/nutritious-sandwiches.html