Sunday, September 03, 2006

CHATURTHI CELEBRATIONS IN PUNE..........

I spent this weekend i.e. of Ganesh Chaturthi at Pune which is a hub of Ganapaty festival. It was at pune that lokmanya Tilak first started the “sarvajanik ganesh utsav”.

GANAPATY IDOL AT MY AUNT'S HOUSE
I went to my aunts house who worships Ganapathy and celebrates ganesh chaturti for 11/2 days i.e brings home an idol which is immersed after
11/2 days,
This was the first time that I was celebrating ganesh Chaturthi in pune.
It feels different in Pune than in Bombay, I cannot explain why I felt that the celebrations were different from those in Bombay but they were different and both had their own sweet charm. MODAK

GUAI reached Pune at around 10.00 am and reached my aunts house at 10.30 hoping to help my sister in law i.e. my cousins wife with the food preparations but I see that all the food was ready by 10.30 . so I helped her make some patolyo the recipe for which you will find here while she did the ukadiche modak ( rice flour preparations stuffed with coconut and gur).
During this time you cannot taste the food that you prepare you can eat only after the food is offered to the Ganesh idol which we bring home.
Food was yummy let me give you the menu
1.moongachyo gatti (moong in gravy)
2.kakadi ane kalevatane tonak
3.vatanyachi usal
4.varan bhat (yellow lentil)
5.guava raita (simple- guava, curd,sugar,salt)
6.ukadiche modak and patolyo
7.chapatti
food was very tasty, and remember !!!! nothing was tasted before it was served. so you can see the proficiency of the lady of the house to be able to get up in the morning manage all the household work and cook such good food without tasting a morsel. but all do this with lots of enthusiasm which makes the mood in the house very jovial A RAITA

I reached Pune at around 10.00 am and reached my aunts house at 10.30 hoping to help my sister in law i.e. my cousins wife with the food preparations but I see that all the food was ready by 10.30 . so I helped her make some patolyo the recipe for which you will find here while she did the ukadiche modak ( rice flour preparations stuffed with coconut and gur).
During this time you cannot taste the food that you prepare you can eat only after the food is offered to the Ganesh idol which we bring home.
Food was yummy let me give you the menu
1.moongachyo gatti (moong in gravy)
2.kakadi ane kalevatane tonak
3.vatanyachi usal
4.varan bhat (yellow lentil)
5.guava raita (simple- guava, curd,sugar,salt)
6.ukadiche modak and patolyo
7.chapatti
food was very tasty, and remember !!!! nothing was tasted before it was served. so you can see the proficiency of the lady of the house to be able to get up in the morning manage all the household work and cook such good food without tasting a morsel. but all do this with lots of enthusiasm which makes the mood in the house very jovial

1 comment:

Lera said...

Hi,Happy Belated Ganesh Chathurthi to you...your Ganesh idol looks so charming nott o mention the festive goodies too,I have linked your Blog.