Monday, August 07, 2006

POTATO EGG PIE....

POTATO EGG PIE

POTATO EGG PIE

Today since morning, I have been in a cooking mood and not simple cooking but I wanted to cook something different i.e. something that I have never cooked before.
In addition, I wanted to do something for which, I had no recipe, and you will say no recipe. No….
Something that just comes from my creative mind…haha….
Therefore, I created this recipe with whatever I found in my fridge. I decided I will do a pie (I have never cooked or eaten a pie before but I have seen lot of pictures) and as I am not a sweet loving person, so it had to be something savory. I think what I created today is something between a quiche and a pie. I would not mind if my fellow blogger wrote and told me what I should call it for now I am calling it a pie.
However, the result was quite good I liked it, so did my son.
Something unusual, as I think the inspiration is after reading so many blogs and so many recipes in one day … that your mind starts to act and make a new recipe from the combination of all.
Let me tell you what I used to make this pie
ING:
I had a small one-person pan, which was about 10 cms in diameter.
Therefore, my proportions are for a small pie.
Take 2 medium sized potatoes boiled.
One carrot finely grated
Little piece of cabbage finely grated.
One large egg
1 tsp pepper powder.
½ onion finely chopped
Grated mozzarella cheese.
What vegetables you add to the pie are optional you can add mushrooms, peas, French beans too. However, for that you need a larger pan, and this pan was just right for my use






METHOD:

Boil and mash the potatoes
Apply butter to the pie dish
Mix the potatoes with salt and butter (a little)
Layer them inside the pie dish.
Keep the pan in a preheated oven at 230 for 15 mins
When this crust becomes brown and a bit crusty remove it from the oven
You can sauté the vegs before putting them in or you can put them raw
I put the cabbage; carrots in the pie dish and pat it a little.
Take an egg, beat it, and add pepper powder and finely chopped onions to it with a little coriander.
Pour the egg mix over the cabbage and carrot.
Top it with grated mozzarella cheese Bake in the oven for about 25 mins or until the eggs are cooked.

EAT HOT WITH KETCHUP OR TOMATO SAUCE.

tell me if you have any variations which you friends have tried before.

2 comments:

shilpa said...

looks very interesting Mahek.

archana said...

Looks good !!!!