Wednesday, August 16, 2006

LAZY CHICKEN....

LAZY CHICKEN

I love chicken and many times I crave to have chicken that very day.
So, When I have to eat chicken but don’t have the mood to cook something
Elaborate I try this lovely chicken dish because it’s fast and very tasty.




ING

700 gms chicken.
3 medium sized onions finely chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1-2 tsps garam masala powder.
1 tsp dhania jeera powder.
11/2 tsp red chili powder.
1 tsp haldi powder
1 cup yogurt
you can add paste of 5-6 cashew nuts but this is optional which should be added after the whole chicken is cooked.
Add lots of finely chopped coriander leaves.
1 tsp kasuri methi.
Salt to taste.




METHOD

Take oil in a pan of a pressure cooker.
add the onions fry till they become soft
Add the chopped tomatoes and the ginger garlic paste
Stir till oil separates
Add the chicken pieces and add all the remaining masala
You can add the yogurt or curd and salt
Close the cooker and cook for 10 mins
Open the cooker check to see if chicken is cooked
Garnish with coriander and kasuri methi and cook for sometime
Chicken is ready to eat .
You can also add potatoes while cooking this chicken
This is so quick you take about 20 mins to cook and serve this chicken.


9 comments:

Shankari said...

left a comment on your other blog, 1st time here , liked the look of your bhindi masala and I am cooking it as we speak..smells good, yet to taste, thanks!

Anthony said...

Amazing recipe... perfect recipe for Bachelor Cooking

Meeta said...

Nice name ... lazy chicken.

Sounds great and the pics are cool!

Priya Bhaskaran said...

GOt to see your blog recenlty--you have good recipes-- will visit often:)

Priya Bhaskaran said...

GOt to see your blog recenlty--you have good recipes-- will visit often:)

tastycooks said...

Vow, very nice picture and good recipe.

Mahek said...

THANKS
shankari,
anthony
meeta
priya and tasty cooks
thanks for your appreciation it really helps.
bye
mahek

Tyler said...

That sounds really good. Right up my alley. I love all things with stewed or similarly-cooked poultry that is spicy and good for serving over rice. I'll have to get my girlfriend Amanda to make this one! (she does all the cooking, I'm just an eater.)

Mahek said...

hi
tyler
pls do try the chicken and let me know
your name reminds me of tyler from the bold and beautiful LOL!!