Sunday, July 16, 2006

SIMPLE RAVA DOSA...


I want to share a recipe of dosa with you, it is a very easy dosa to make and the fermentation time is only about 4-6 hours so, you can have a dosa whenever you feel like.
Earlier dosas were made by fermenting them for a long time i.e. soaking before grinding and fermenting after grinding, so we had to wait for a whole day before we had the first morsel; now dosas are becoming very fancy and are made with variety of ingredients. I am always on a look out for new dosa recipes, which are easy to make, and which require less fermentation time and are as soft as the fermented version.
As and when I get new dosa recipes I will surely share them with you try the dosa, which I have posted and tell me what you feel about it.

ING:
1-cup udad dal
3 cups rava or semolina
Salt to taste
Sour buttermilk (optional)

METHOD:

Soak the udad dal for about 5-6 hours
Grind the dal to a smooth paste
Add 3 cups rava to it
Mix water until you have dropping consistency.
Make dosas and enjoy with sambhar and chutney.


Actually this is my grand mothers recipe, she used to make it whenever we went visiting. She used to make tasty chutney to accompany the dosa.


6 comments:

Jeena said...

Hi there, I like your blog! Nice recipe it looks yummy :) Feel free to visit my blog too :)


Click here for jeenas food recipe blog :-)

Minal K. said...

I have one question regarding to "SIMPLE RAVA DOSA" recipe. Is it necessary to soak Rava also for 4-5 hours ? or We have to add Rava as it is in Udad dal paste.

Minal K. said...

I have one question regarding to "SIMPLE RAVA DOSA" recipe. Is it necessary to soak Rava also for 4-5 hours ? or We have to add Rava as it is in Udad dal paste.

Minal K. said...

I have one question regarding to "SIMPLE RAVA DOSA" recipe. Is it necessary to soak Rava also for 4-5 hours ? or We have to add Rava as it is in Udad dal paste.

Mahek said...

hi
minal
you dont have to soak Rava just mix it with the ground udad dal and then remove dosas after about an hour.

Sehra said...

Love your blog....and recipes...