Monday, July 17, 2006

CHINESE DINNER PARTY....


VEGETABLE FRIED RICE



STIR FRY VEGETABLE IN GRAVY


PANEER CHILLY DRY


Yesterday my friend AMITA invited me for a Chinese dinner party. Knowing my love for Chinese food, she planned a Chinese menu, which was going to be homemade and made by amita herself.
Amita is a great Chinese food enthusiast and a good cook, my Chinese cooking is restricted to noodles and fried rice, so this was an opportunity for me to learn something new and share it with my food lover friends.
I reached her house in the afternoon so that I could be part of the whole preparation and watch her cook.
It was a great experience for me as, I love to watch others cook. I feel each one has a unique style of cooking and working about in the kitchen which I like to observe, I get enthusiasm to cook new dishes when I come in contact with those who have a positive attitude towards cooking and who cook for the love of cooking and not because they have to do it.
Amita was very happy to teach me all that she knew about Chinese cooking and she did just that without holding back anything.
The menu for dinner was
VEG FRIED RICE
PANEER CHILLY
STIR-FRY VEGETABLE IN GRAVY
SWEET CORN SOUP
DESSERT- COLD COFFEE WITH ICE CREAM

You will find that the whole menu is vegetarian, which is because AMITA is a pure veg; she has never eaten meat or fish, not even an egg.
I had carried my camera with me so that I could share it with all of you.
I am not including the recipes as they are amitas but if you want to know any of the recipes you can ask me and I will write them to you, I have amitas permission to do so.
The dinner was yummy!!!! .
I hope that when I try these recipes on my own they will come out just the same.






16 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Hi Mahek,

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the very kind comment!

I am willing to be in touch with you and make you discover our culinary traditions/culture. Learning more about your country's food would also interest me!...

We do tend to eat a lot of cheese here in Switzerland as we are big cheese producers and have the cheese-making tradition rooted in our history...

Contact me via my e-mail (see my blog) and then we can exchange letters.

Regards,

Rosa

www.rosas-yummy-yums.blogspot.com

Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Hey Mahek, the pics look so yummy. It would be great to know these recipes, only if you can do so.

BTW... you have a great blog here. I am going to try the clams recipe soon. Will let you know how it turns out.

shilpa said...

Mehek, the pictures look very tempting. If you can, please give us the recipes.

Ashwini said...

God Mahek that is so cruel. You made me drool like crazy...we dont get this kind of Indo Chinese food here and you didnt even give me the recipes :-(
Can you please email me the recipe? Pretty please

Neelu said...

Wow...I just had idnner n feeling hungry again :) Please plaease can u get the recipe for veg in gravy and paneer chilie recipe :) pz pz :)

Neelu said...

Wow...I just had idnner n feeling hungry again :) Please plaease can u get the recipe for veg in gravy and paneer chilie recipe :) pz pz :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mahek,
The pictures look very yummy and I am trying hard not to drool over my keyboard at work. Can you send me the recipes please!!

Meena (meenas_s@hotmail.com)

Puspha said...

OMG!!!! What a great spread.

Saritha said...

hi..
i tried ur tokri chat..it was yummy..i will be more than happy to know veg chinese recipes..

Anonymous said...

Hello Mahek,
The pictures look great and I am sure the food was better.Can you please send me the recipes

Ganesh (gan1812@yahoo.com)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mahek,

I am honey .. i just shifted to UK . Have to keep trying new recipes bcoz we dont get a lot of indian ingredients and vegtables here ..
Loved ur chinese cooking ka pictures . if not a big problem can u mail the recipes to me .. my mail id is misrahoney@yahoo.com

Thanks
Honey

Honey Misra said...

Hi mahek ,

i am honey here . I loved ur chinese dishes ka photooo ..
can u please send me the recipes ..
my id is misrahoney@yahoo.com .
my sons bday party is coming will make this for his bday ..

thanks

Sumitha said...

Oh ofcourse you shouls post the recipes mahek the spread looks so delicious!

Anonymous said...

Can u please provide recipe to these..My email id ia ashish_ji@hotmail.com

Mahek said...

wxhi
Rosa for visiting my blog
This is for Tina,Shilpa,Ashwini,neelu,sarita,
ganesh,honey misra,sumita and ashish
i will be definetly posting the recipes keep patient as i have to get it from amita who are never cooked with measurements she makes lovely food without the exact measurements so it will be dificult to form the recipe
i will post them as soon as posible .
mahek

sher said...

Hi

The dishes looked great. I am a pure vegetarian too. I will love to have the recipes. Can you please email them to sherlyn@pacific.net.sg

Many thanks
Sher