Sunday, July 16, 2006

BREAD ROLL.......

BREAD ROLL



In my earlier post, I have written about sandwiches and how versatile they are.
Here is a recipe, which is my own.

ING:
Long bread rolls
Four potatoes boiled and mashed
Ginger garlic green chili paste as per taste
Finely chopped coriander or kasuri methi
1 tsp garam masala powder
Breadcrumbs for coating
One egg for final coating.
½ tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste.

METHOD

Mash boiled potatoes add the rest of the ingredients excluding breadcrumbs and eggs.
If you have a bread roll make an elongated roll, if you have, burger buns make a cutlet or a tikki.
Roll this cutlet in breadcrumbs
Dip this cutlet in a well-beaten egg, in which a little salt has been added.
Shallow fry on a tava or griddle.
You will get a nice lacy cutlet
You can use whatever you please for the accomplishments with the bread roll, I did not use anything this time i.e. when I clicked this photos but I use carrot, cabbage mixed with mayo or carrot, cabbage with a Italian dressing or carrot, cabbage, onions with lemon and salt.
Therefore, you can do what you please or just eat it as it is, as I said sandwiches are very versatile, changes can be made according to likes and dislikes of individuals.
This is a filling, healthy sandwich which kids can easily have you can add boiled vegetables to the cutlets for increasing nutrition, and it becomes a complete meal.

1 comment:

Neelu said...

Lovely pictures I must say!
Beautifuly presented rolls look delicious.....Sort of veggie hot dog :)
I loved ur cucumber n tomato decoration a lot !