This is also called as "SHEVYACHO SANNNO" in goa
This is a vermicelli sheera as the maharashtrians call it it’s a breakfast item or sometimes made for evening tea as well.
This is one dish that I tried completely on my own I made the innovations and changes in the recipe to suit my taste. Usually sweet vermicelli is made in my house for some good occasion.
One medium onion finely sliced
11/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp jeera
½ tsp asafetida powder
Little turmeric powder about ½ tsp
2 green chilies
Finely chopped coriander
Salt to taste
Lemon juice approximately 1 tsp for taste
1-2 tsp of clarified butter or ghee for roasting vermicelli.
1. In a pan take butter with a little oil to prevent burning
2. add one-cup vermicelli
3. Roast till it turns light brown and remove in a plate.
4. Boil 2 cups of water in a separate pan
5. In the same pan take a little oil and to it add the following
And finally a little turmeric powder.
6. Add finely sliced onions to it.
7 let them change colour.
8 add the roasted vermicelli above onion
9 then you can put the boiling water into it.
10. You can add all the remaining ingredients like salt, sugar, coriander leaves, and lemon juice
11. now let the shevya soak the water and become dry.
Your sanzo is ready to eat.
You can add a handful of broken cashewnuts which are optional