Sunday, June 11, 2006

GRILLED/TOASTED POTATO SANDWICH....


GRILLER ON.....


SANDWICH READY TO BE GRILLED

READY TO BE EATEN....... YUMMM....

TOASTED POTATO SANDWICH.

You know whenever I am too lazy to do something or after going out on a long shopping spree and I have to cook something at home I usually make these sandwiches they are tasty and fast to make/
The potato vegetable is very very simple I will only give you the method so that you can make it the way you like as all the ingredients can be changed as per taste you can also add some left over vegetable to make this delicious sandwich.

METHOD

Take a pan and heat oil.
When they change colour add some ginger garlic paste
Into the oil you can add some finely sliced onions
Let it fry for sometime then add finely diced potatoes
Stir for sometime, add chillipowder, dhania powder, turmeric powder and pav-bhaji masala
Add a little lemon juice and a pinch of sugar
Salt to taste
Add finely chopped coriander to this
Let the whole vegetable cook till the potatoes are nice and soft.
You can take a sandwich toaster or a grill (as I have taken)
Apply butter on the slices of bread and put the vegetable between the two slices of bread.
Let them toast till the brown crust of your choice is formed.
Eat with tomato sauce or green chutney.



10 comments:

shilpa said...

I am fisrt time visitor here. Your sandwich looks yummy...my mom used to prepare it when we were kids. Thanks for bringing back nice memories :).

Vaishali said...

Hey Mahek,
I, too, have done a post on toasted sandwiches around the same time as you did. What a coincidence! Great minds think alike? I love my sandwiches with potato Bhaji too, I must say. Please check out this post of mine, when you have the time.
http://happyburp.blogspot.com/2006/06/toasted-sandwiches-with-cabbage-bhaji.html

Meeta said...

Hi Mahek, have not heard from you from a while. Love the idea with the potato and definitely a must try for Soeri's lunchbox ;-)

I hate to do this to you but I think I have to tag you.

http://whatsforlunchhoney.blogspot.com/2006/06/confessions-in-groups-of-five.html#links

Only do it if you wnat to!

Ashwini said...

Kai zala Mahekbai? You havent added the links yet...problems?

archana said...

Hi,
That's really a nice idea, simple and delicious !!!!

Mahek said...

thanks
shilpa, vaishali,meeta,ashwini and archanat for visiting my blog and appreciating it
ashwini
mala tuzhe mail melalii nahi ga...
where did you send it
can you send it again pls
bye

Ashwini said...

Hi Mahek,

No inconvenience at all. Here is how you do it -
In the edit mode of your blog go to the template section
Go to the Links part in the code.

Under this part, copy the urls of blogs you want and paste them one by one. (after the href= part)

at the end of all the links there will be "ul"
do not delete this. Thats it, you are done. if you still have problems let me know. good luck

Sowjanya said...

Hi

Thats a delicious sandwich. I'll have to definitely try it because my husband loves anything with potatoes :-)

Tamanna said...

This is my all time favourite. My Mom used to make this for us during exams. You've brought back memories:)

amina said...

thanx not only hv u given a recipe for a great sandwich but also of a wonderful potato curry which i can make when i want to cook something tasty and simple for dinner.