Friday, June 30, 2006

SADA DOSA....


SIMPLE DOSA...





A dosa has always been my favorite breakfast, but now I love dosa more so because my son loves eating them and that also means any type of dosa for him , anything which looks like a dosa is enough for him to feel like eating it..

My mother used to make dosas but they were usually the same type where you add udad dal and rice and soak, ferment and you get the normal white dosas, now as everything around you is changing food habits are changing too and people love to try out many things. 

There are many books on the subject and hence now we can cook so many dishes, which could only imagine earlier or did not even dare to try out.

I hate to make the same old dosa as anything that's routine gets on me and I get bored very easily .Hence  I always look out for a new type of dosa recipe, which I can make for my son. My collection of dosas is ever increasing.


Today I will write about a basic dosa and the latest that I have learnt from my son’s friend’s mom.


NORMAL SADA OR WHITE DOSA

1-cup udad dal
3-cup rice
Soak udad dal and rice for about 5-6 hours and then grind to a fine paste add salt and keep the ground mixture to ferment for about 10-12 hours.
While using the griddle pour a spoonful of batter and go out from the center to  form a circle this will give you crisp dosas.

5 comments:

shilpa said...

Good ones Mehek. Dosas are my favourites too :).I feel they make a filling and most delicious breakfast. I recently found a good article having many dosa recipes. Your post inspired me to post them :D.

Puspha said...

Love the colour of the moong dal dosa. Must try. Thanx for sharing the recipe.

Neelu said...

Hey Why dont u start with pancake series n encourage ppl to post recipes for pancakes like dosas of different types or chillas that would b great :) Nice entry...I love dosas

Neelu said...

Hey Mehak,
I am not the right person to ask But I know who can help you, nandita of saffrontail and vaishali of happy burp have started thier own events and they could guide you in better way. They both are very friendly and you can talk to them about this. Good Luck.

Jeena said...

Hi there, I like your blog! Nice recipe it looks yummy :) Feel free to visit my blog too :)


Click here for jeenas food recipe blog :-)