Tuesday, April 25, 2006

TOKRI CHAAT


TOKRI CHAAT

This is a favorite dish in my family , this is something must that has to be done when my sons cousins come visiting this is one of the first in the list of things of "must do...".

Here i am giving you the recipe and the ingredients together as all the things used should be used as per each persons requirement there is no fixed amount to be used some like it khatta and some like it meetha so you see......

So here is my chatpatta favorite which has its own crunch and colour which adds colour to my culinary world...

METHOD:


Take one packet ready made tokris
3-4 boiled and mashed potatoes to which you add salt, bhelpuri masala or sandwich masala and lemon juice.
Cook whole moong which were soaked for about 7-8 hours.
Take khari bundi as per requirement.
I do not make 2 separate chutneys for my chaats as we prefer to have a medium tikkha chutney.
For the chutney I use, Dates, tamarind pulp, jaggery, jeera, salt, ginger, green chilies, coriander, and chilli powder too.[I have not given the exact amount because each one can make the chutney as per requirement, as in chaat items the requirements differ from person to person.]
Take finely chopped tomatoes, and onions.
You will need barik shev to garnish on top and if required more coriander.
In the tokris you have to arrange the tokri , then the mashed potatoes, moong, chutneys , onions, tomato, and shev.
You can add sweet dahi if you like to make it more filling and nutritious.

You can also sprinkle on top bhelpuri or chat masala.

ENJOY!!!!!!

4 comments:

tessa said...

Mahek this is a great site , love your blogs
i love all the pictures you have added and it is just a real joy to read. your like me i love nice bright things in my kitchen too

tessa....
angel_n_training (from foodlovers)

Sumitha said...

I have to try this!

Anonymous said...

its really nice.. can u tell me from where to get this readymade tokris... by what name are they available.

ankita said...

can v make the tokris from plain flour? if u do so how can v make it more crispy and crunchy..??