Friday, April 28, 2006

love for healthy food...

SOYA CUTLET SANDWICH


I believe in making food as nutritious as possible and so I try to find things or ingredients, which make the regular food more nutritious.
Yesterday I wanted to make something with the Soya granules that I purchased from the supermarket, if you make a dish only out of the granules they have a peculiar taste which non of us in the house like much so I decided to make Soya cutlets and see if I could mask the taste of Soya granules which I don’t much appreciate. But this I kept this from my family, as I wanted to just give these hot cutlets and make them guess what went into it.
And guess what I was successful in masking the peculiar taste they were very happy with the cutlets,

Nutritious Soya cutlets.
1.1/2 cup Soya granules treated as per instructions on the box
2. 3 medium potatoes boiled and mashed.3. Ginger, greenchillies, coriander to be ground into a fine paste.
4. Haldi powder a little, lemon juice and salt
5. Mix all the above ingredients and form cutlets
6. Before frying roll them in rava or semolina
7. Shallow fry and brown on both sides

You can serve these with toasted bread, I use wheat bread to make it healthier or you can serve it with plain ketchup.



SOYA-ALOO-MUTTER PULAO





The soya-aloo cutlets turned out so tasty that it gave me great encouragement to try soya granules in a different way. So the next day I did soya-aloo-mutter pulao with biryani masala and it too tasted delicious and the best thing is that we got our daily quota of proteins.
ING:
11/2-cup basmati rice
½ cup Soya granules (increase the quantity if you like)
2 medium chopped onions.
1 small tomato finely chopped.
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
Chili powder as per taste
1 tsp haldi powder
1tsp biryani masala
Half lemon juice
2 cubed potatoes.
1-cup mutter or peas

METHOD
1.heat oil put in chopped onion, ginger-garlic-paste
2.once it becomes soft add the tomatoes
3. Treat the Soya granules as indicated on the box.

4.add the soya granules, cubed potatoes , and peas
5. add biryani masala powder , chilli powder and haldi powder
6.let the vegetable cook
7.add the washed and dried rice.
8. add double the quantity water i.e. 3 cups of water
9 add lots of chopped coriander
10 cook and serve with dahi

Both the dishes are made by me, by my own recipes and you can do what ever changes you like

No comments: