Sunday, April 16, 2006

local markets in panchgani....

BUDH-BAZAR AT PANCHGANI



FARMERS LITTLE GIRL




PANCHGANI IS A SMALL HILL-STATION JUST 16 KMS AWAY FROM MAHABALESHWAR AND HAS ITS OWN CHARM.

DO YOU SEE THE COLOURS OF THE MARKET !!!!!!

For me wherever I go, the most important place which I have to visit is the market may it be a small place or a big one but the local market is a
Place where a visit is a must for me.
I feel a market is a hub of all activities and you get to know the food culture of the place when you go to the market, you get to see the locals and also to know about the local specialties, I would never think twice before missing out on a outing to a place of tourist attraction if told to choose between the market and the place of tourist attraction.

If you go to a market here in the rural parts of India you will see that the seller uses the old iron scale with weights on it. As you go around the market you will hear happy sounds of people and their weighing machines. You will see energy levels high among the sellers and the buyers.

I reached Panchgani on Wednesday morning and I knew that panchgani holds its weekly bazaar called the ‘BUDH BAZAR”
On Wednesday, so off I went to see the bazaar and came out really thrilled with the experience in Mumbai you don’t get to see such fresh vegetables, which have come right out of the farms and are grown organically.

5 comments:

Saffron said...

lovely pictures Mahek! I feel as if I am right there in the market. I'm with you, I would skip a tourist attraction for a market visit anyday!!

cheers!

Ruth said...

There is nothing like a local market - the smells, the sounds and the colours!

Thanks for sharing your visits with us.

Trinifood said...

Mahek,

Great post!! Nothing like a visit to the market to appreciate all the little quirks of an area.
You're right, we need to do more ot highlight markets and the people who make them alive.

Franka

Melissa CookingDiva said...

Loved the photos and the report!!! Thank you for sharing :-)
Have a great week!
M

Hill Stations In India said...

Panchgani is a Wonderful place with the most scenic view of hills, I stayed at Ravine hotel only for its amazing views and it was fantastic.You have to try the strawberries with cream in the market, I also went off track and visited an organic Starwberry Farm at in mahabaleshwar at Avakali village, It was Fun i can never forget.