Sunday, April 16, 2006

foodvendors of mahabaleshwar.....

For me the local vendors are very important, as they are a big part of the food culture of the place
In mahabaleshwar and panchgani you will see the following vendors almost everywhere “ ice-gola maker”, “ cornwala”-person who sells roasted and boiled corn, “bhel-puri wala”,limbu-pani wala” and most important the strawberry vendor or the “strawberrywala


SWEET CORN BEING ROASTED


BHEL-PURI BEING MIXED

STRAWBERRY VENDOR


ICE-GOLA MAKER

above you see the green ice crusher which crushes ice which is put in glasses and the above syrup is put on it and you get the ice-gola.

1 comment:

Meeta said...

Mahek,

I truly love this set of pictures! I miss all that in India and I am ashamed to say I have not been bck since I was 17! I am now 33!!!!?? But it is high time I know. I miss all the gola ice eating (i got a terrible tummy bug after that), corn roasting with that super salt mixture. I do have some great memories. Now, that my nani lives in Pune I think I should make a visit. Keep posting these pics!