Monday, March 20, 2006

contribution toward event RASOI # 4

This is my contribution towards your monthly event RASOI # 4
Your topic is FUSION, which I thought was very interesting I am a new blogger and this is my first participation in any event. I like this idea of having events it makes us food lovers think and think so much about food in order to get the idea together . I too have come up with this tasty recipe and after tasting it when I made it today I am very happy with the result and will see that it is on the list of my next party menu thanks for making me come out with such a interesting recipe so from this you know that anything is possible when you put your mind to it.
Here is my recipe its called.

ALOO TIKKI-PASTA MASALA

Ing:
Take 4 medium sized potatoes boiled and mashed.
Little jeera, haldi, chilli for the cutlets or tikkis
2 medium big onions finely chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
4 big tomatoes finely chopped
½ tsp haldi powder,1 tsp chilli powder- if you like it more hot pls put more chilli ,1 tsp everest pav-bhaji masala
1 tsp dhania jeera powder (less if you don’t like it)
salt a little sugar and lots of coriander to garnish.
1 cup macaroni pasta.

METHOD:

For the aloo tikkis:

1. Add chilli powder, haldi powder and jeera powder (if you have) to the mashed potatoes, with a little salt.
2. Make small balls and flatten. Shallow fry on a hot tawa with a little oil.

For the pasta masala:

1. Add onions to the oil, let it become soft, and then add the ginger garlic paste.
2. add finely chopped tomatoes cook till they become soft. After that add chilli powder, haldi powder, pav bhaji masala and stir for sometime.
3. Add a little i.e. ¼ tsp sugar for balancing the flavours.
4. Garnish with a lot of finely chopped coriander leaves.
5. Keep water to boil. To the boiling water add little salt and oil and cook your 1-cup macaroni pasta in it.
6. Once the pasta is cooked put it in the above gravy and here you have the indianized pasta masala.

Serve as shown in the picture .

No comments: